Friday, January 27, 2012

Spring Knit Place Mats

I finally completed my first crafty goal for January - and I am less than impressed!  I found this project on the JoAnn Fabrics website and it looked so easy and cute.  Let me tell you ladies - it was not as easy as I thought!

I ripped out the stitches and started over four times.  Apparently I cannot concentrate very well on knitting while two little girls are running around, lol!  After dropping many stitches and losing my place in the pattern, I finally got the hang of it.

Time-wise this project took me approximately 8 hours.  I only worked on it at night after the girls were in bed, so it felt as though it took forever to finish it!  The yarn I selected seemed happy and springy, however once it was knitted into the place mat it just looks like a mess of color.  Next time I will likely choose a simple color combination, like the example on the Joann's website! 


Materials:
1 skein of Sugar & Cream yarn
Size 8 knitting needles

Directions:
Cast on 47 stitches. First row, knit one - then purl one, knit one until the end.  Continue knitting in pattern until piece measures 17".  Cast off in the pattern.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment