Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Working Mommy's Schedule

For the past few months I (and my family) have been adjusting to a new schedule.  I went from working a "normal" 8-4:30 day shift to working a 2:30-11:00pm shift.  What a difference!  We were used to dropping the kids off at daycare / school in the morning; picking them up on the way home from work, me making dinner and then getting the kids ready for bed.  It was a schedule we had perfected and were comfortable with.  In September, I had the opportunity to take on a leadership role at work - which required me to change my shift.  Now, I am home for the majority of the day; take Madailein to school in the morning and have the rest of the day to do housework and play with Caitlyn. 

I learned early on that I needed to make a daily schedule that works with our new life schedule.  Along this journey I did some searching on the internet for a "working mom's schedule" and to my shock I had a very difficult time finding one!  So, I made my own:

The Working Mom’s Housekeeping Schedule



Monday
Make Beds
Dishes
1 Load of Laundry
Dust / Vacuum Living Room, TV Room, Dining Room

Tuesday
Make Beds
Dishes
1 Load of Laundry
Clean Kitchen
Mop Floors

Wednesday
Make Beds
Dishes
1 Load of Laundry
Dust / Vacuum Bedrooms

Thursday
Make Beds
Dishes
1 Load of Laundry
Grocery Shopping

Friday
Make Beds
Dishes
1 Load of Laundry
Clean Bathrooms

Saturday & Sunday


Have fun with family!


At first, I really held myself accountable for everything - but I learned that I had to give myself some grace!  Some days, it's so hectic that I just can't get the beds made or a load of laundry done; and that's ok!  This may seem fairly simple, but I thrive on making lists.  I think it's the satisfaction of being able to check off what I have accomplished so far!

Do you survive on lists too?  I would love to hear if you are a working mom and what kind of housekeeping schedule you have!

Happy Crafting !

No comments:

Post a Comment