Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Ocean Cuties Baby Blanket

To get my Etsy shop running; I decided to make some unique embroidered baby blankets.  I typically sell these at work and thought about how I could enhance them to be even cuter than before!

In the past, I would embroider designs onto anti-pill fleece; then sew it together with a flannel.  Once my wheels started turning, I figured the next step into cuteness for these blankets would be to finish them off with a satin blanket binding or a quilt binding. 

Success!!  I think the binding gives the blankets just the right finishing touch, don't you?!
This Ocean Cuties blanket is one of my favorite.  I choose a soft white bubble chenille fabric for the top layer with the most adorable ocean embroidery.  Each corner has a different character: Octopus, fish, seahorse and a whale.


The back of the blanket is a snuggle flannel ocean print that is new at Jo Ann Fabrics!  I was beyond excited when I saw the bolt of this flannel!  The quilt binding compliments the colors in the print just perfectly!





Just one look at these ocean cuties makes me want to smile!! 

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Those ocean cuties are so cheerful! They make me smile too!

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby gifts look more lovely when they have embroidered names or designs. Lucky you to have a talent on embroidery. Love your work, so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete