Monday, June 25, 2012

June Weddings - Our 10 Year Anniversary!

I cannot  believe this year marks our 10 year wedding anniversary!  The past ten years have brought us many, many memories, some pain and heartache, the purchase of 2 houses and the birth of 2 absolutely wonderful  and precious little girls.  Everything that we have been through has caused us to grow into who we are today and I would not change anything!

While cruising the internet for June wedding information, I came across some fun trivia on http://www.csmonitor.com/ about the 7 measures of matrimony.  Thought it would be fun to compare my wedding facts with the some of the statistics!

Bride and Groom
Average age of bride in the United States: 26.5
  • I had just turned 23 when we got married!
Average age of groom in the United States:28.5
  • My hubby had just turned 27.
Average engagement length: 14 months
  • Our engagement was a total of 16 months.  My hubby-to-be proposed on Valentine's Day 2001 and we were married June 29, 2002.
Today most couples live together before getting married.
  • I am proud to say that we were not part of this statistic!  I lived at home with my parents until the day I was married.
16% of brides plan their wedding before getting engaged.
  • I know I fell into this 16%, lol! 

Location
Churches and synagogues remain the most popular sites for weddings.
  • Our wedding ceremony was held in the church we both attended at the time.  My husband and I both grew up in traditional families and there was no question our ceremony would be in a church!
Beaches, country clubs, hotels, resorts, mansions, public gardens, and private homes are other popular locations
  • Our reception was held at a local beautiful hotel.  We had a lot of out of town guests and this turned out to be quite convenient.

Honeymoons
40% of couples travel within the United States
  • Not us!
60% of couples travel to a foreign country
  • That would be us!  We honeymooned at the Riu Palace in the Riveria Maya.  Absolutely breath-taking and I would love to go back one day.
Honeymoons usually last 7 to 9 days.
  • Our honeymoon was only 5 days.  Jeff and I proudly paid for this trip ourselves and were on a tight budget.
 To look at the full article on the 7 Measures of Matrimony - please visit http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2012/0605/June-weddings-7-measures-of-matrimony/Bride-and-groom


My mom and I getting ready for the big day!

My dad and me!

Our church ceremony with our lovely family and friends. 


At the reception, ready to celebrate the night away!! 

Happy 10th Anniversary Jeff!  ♥♥

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary, my husband and I are celebrating our 5th next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for stopping by! Happy 5th anniversary to you and your hubby!

      Delete