While cruising the internet for June wedding information, I came across some fun trivia on http://www.csmonitor.com/ about the 7 measures of matrimony. Thought it would be fun to compare my wedding facts with the some of the statistics!
Bride and Groom
Average age of bride in the United States: 26.5
- I had just turned 23 when we got married!
- My hubby had just turned 27.
- Our engagement was a total of 16 months. My hubby-to-be proposed on Valentine's Day 2001 and we were married June 29, 2002.
- I am proud to say that we were not part of this statistic! I lived at home with my parents until the day I was married.
- I know I fell into this 16%, lol!
Churches and synagogues remain the most popular sites for weddings.
- Our wedding ceremony was held in the church we both attended at the time. My husband and I both grew up in traditional families and there was no question our ceremony would be in a church!
- Our reception was held at a local beautiful hotel. We had a lot of out of town guests and this turned out to be quite convenient.
40% of couples travel within the United States
- Not us!
- That would be us! We honeymooned at the Riu Palace in the Riveria Maya. Absolutely breath-taking and I would love to go back one day.
- Our honeymoon was only 5 days. Jeff and I proudly paid for this trip ourselves and were on a tight budget.
My mom and I getting ready for the big day!
Our church ceremony with our lovely family and friends.
At the reception, ready to celebrate the night away!!
Happy 10th Anniversary Jeff! ♥♥